Arguably the greatest thing about Summer is the produce that we have access to in this beautiful part of the world and this time of the year. And right now the Green String Farm store is bursting with ripe tomatoes! Our favorite uses for these lovelies? Too many to choose from, but here are some of our go to's!
1. Make tomato sauce: (and freeze some of it) that way you can enjoy summer freshness all year round on pizza, pastas, baked eggs, or stews.
2. Caprese Salad: You have to keep it fresh in the summer and nothing says summer more than a good old fashioned caprese salad with fresh basil and mozzarella!
3. Homemade Bloody Mary: Easily one of our favorites because it's delicious, and it's EASY all you gotta do is combine fresh tomatoes, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, salt, pepper, and celery in a blender until you have a smooth consistency, add vodka as needed! :)
4. Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Make these delicious sun-dried tomatoes and keep them for sandwiches and salads. We like using the sun, and we dry the tomatoes outside for 1.5 days! but you can also use your oven and bake the tomatoes for 12 hours!
5. The BLT: A classic! You can't go wrong with this comfort food, and nothing tastes better than when a tomato goes straight from the farm to the sandwich!
Green String Farm
Get your monthly farm update right here on our Green String Blog! Check back periodically for events and recipes!